If you are age 25 or over, you can become a mentor.
Mentors come from all walks of life. Whether you are a business professional or formerly homeless, your knowledge and life experiences can help one of our mentees make the positive changes they desire for a more successful future.
What is asked of a Trusted Mentor?
- Attend training (two 2-hour sessions) and follow up interview
- Meet with their mentees for an average of 6 hrs/month for a year
- Help their mentee achieve their personal goals
- Submit monthly reports to staff
- Attend Recognition Nights with their mentees
- Attend Mentor Coffees for on-going support
Studies show that successful mentors will:
- Make a commitment to being consistent and dependable
- Accept responsibility for keeping the relationship going
- Respect the mentee’s viewpoint
- Involve the mentee in deciding how you will spend time together
- Seek and utilize the help and advice of program staff
Not sure how to be a mentor?
Don’t worry, we’ll train you.
Are you ready to mentor others?